Friday, April 24, 2009

flowers in my hair


When I was a girl, my dad used to pick up feathers and flowers all the time and put them in my hair. There was something I found really...I don’t know...touching...in that simple act. I don’t know how to describe it. Perhaps it was because I was the girl and he never did it to my brother...it felt like this special thing we shared at random intervals.
I’ve never said anything about it to anyone. Actually I never really even thought about it, but the emotional memory is strong.
Now Ryan does this to Naiya. Maybe it’s just something loving dad’s are compelled to do with their little girls.
It touches me in the same way to watch him tuck those beautiful blossoms behind her ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...